Where? Ukraine is located in Eastern Europe and shares borders with Russia, Moldova, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland and Belarus.
Who Can Adopt
Heterosexual married couples.
One parent must be 15 years older than the child.
No minimum length to marriage.
Children available to the USA are ages 6–12.
The children may be Caucasian, Gypsy, or Tatar.
Special needs children and sibling groups, ages 2–17.
Waiting Time for a Referral
Time frames for international adoption are never certain. The process for Ukraine may take approximately 12–18 months start to finish.
Will require 2–3 short trips, or one 8–10 week stay in Ukraine.
Families must complete a dossier and obtain USCIS approval prior to travel.
Following submission of paperwork to the adoption center in Kyiv, and acceptance of your dossier, families will be given a travel date by the Ukraine Ministry of Social Policy.
Families will visit and meet with an English-speaking representative at the Ministry of Social Policy to receive referral of a child.
- Once the family accepts the referral and meets with the child/children at his/her orphanage, a court date will be scheduled within 4–6 weeks to finalize the adoption. Both parents must travel, though one parent may leave after the court appearance.
- At this time, you will be required to have a 30-day wait period. You can stay in Ukraine or go home.
- You then receive your child, and our coordinator will help you arrange to get your child's new birth certificate and Ukranian passport, as well as filing paperwork with the U.S. Embassy in Kyiv for your child's U.S. visa. This process takes 1 week to 10 days.
- There ARE exceptions when only one parent can travel.
$15,500 program fee
* see download for complete detail.